Physiotherapy for Back Pain
A common, painful condition affecting the lower portion of the spine is Lower back pain. Nowadays, it is one of the most common reason for which people visit the doctor.
More than 10 million cases of low back pain per year are recorded in India. Everyone from school students to working professionals to old generations, everyone is suffering from Back Pain. It is also one of the main problems, which prompt people to try Physiotherapy for low back pain for the first time.
The cause for low back pain may be different for all. These can be due to –
- Normal wear and tear with age,
- ruptured disk, or arthritis.
- accidents or illness
- bad habits such as overworking and overtraining
- poor posture(both seated and standing)
- And sedentary lifestyle may all contribute to acute or chronic low back pain.
People may experience:
- Pain areas: in the back, coccyx, hip, leg, or muscles and bones
- Sensory: leg numbness, pins and needles, or sensitivity to pain
Also common: muscle spasms
The symptom of this is pain in the lower back. It is self-diagnosable, Lab tests or imaging rarely required. The best treatment for this pain is physiotherapy. Most low back pain goes away on its own in two to four weeks. Physical therapy and pain relievers can help. A few cases may require surgery.