An irritation of the tissue that connects the forearm muscle to the elbow.
- More than 1 million cases per year (India)
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging not required
- Medium-term: resolves within months
- Tennis elbow can be caused by repetitive wrist and arm motions.
- Pain is the primary symptom. It usually occurs on the outside of the elbow and sometimes in the forearm and wrist.
- Treatment includes rest, pain relievers and physical therapy.